What Is Creatine
Creatine is a nitrogenous organic compound that occurs naturally in brain and muscle cells. It is an important substance that helps to supply energy throughout the body but particularly muscle cells.
The natural sources of creatine are red meat and fish but supplements are also a good source of creatine
Creatinine is the number one dietary supplement that is most common in athletes and professional players.
Creatine or creatinine or creatine monohydrate?. What is the difference?
The actual compound that is responsible for providing energy is creatine. Creatinine is the byproduct of Creatine that is formed by the chemical breakdown of parent compounds ( creatine.).
The supplementary form of creatine is commonly known as creatine monohydrate. Or you can simply say that creatine is formulated in the form of creatine monohydrate as a supplement.
Although creatine is also available in other supplementary forms creatine monohydrate is well researched and the most common supplementary form of creatine,
What is Creatine Kinase?
Creatine kinase is an enzyme that is present in skeletal muscle, heart muscles, and brain. It acts on creatine and converts into a more high-energy molecule namely phosphocreatine. This phosphocreatine is taken up by the body and utilized to produce energy.
Health Benefits Of Creatine?
Creatine has a long list of proven health benefits. It is a natural compound that boosts energy levels and performs many other important roles in the body. Intake of creatine supplement greatly helps you to keep your health good and disease-free,
- Boost muscle strength
- Increase cell signaling
- Increase Anabolic hormones and decrease catabolic hormones
- Improve hydration status of the cell
- Decrease protein breakdown
- Decrease myostatin levels.
Benefits of Creatine For Brain
The brain is the most functional part of the human body and it requires plenty of ATP to function properly Creatine supplements may help you to improve the symptoms of the following conditions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Ischemic stroke
- Brain or spinal cord injuries
- Motor neuron disease
- Impaired memory function
Some other benefits of creatine are also reported but more research is required in this area
- It helps to lower blood sugar level
- It improves the quality of life in adults
- It improves muscle function
- It helps to treat non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
How does Creatine help to Increase muscle mass and strength?
Studies suggested that creatine can increase muscle strength and high-intensity exercise performance. Creatine does this job by increasing the body’s capacity to produce ATP and in this way increases the overall energy-generating capability of the body. It helps the muscle to work more and get tired less.
The same role of creatine that increases the supply of ATP helps to increase exercise performance. Normally 8 – 1p seconds of high-intensity exercise depletes ATP. But creatine supplements help to generate more ATP and allow you to maintain optimal performance for longer than a few seconds.
How do I Know If Creatine is For Me?
Creatine is naturally existing in our muscle cells as an important compound to supply
energy. In certain conditions, you need to take an extra amount of creatine to carry on the life process in a healthy manner. You are an ideal candidate for taking creatine if
- You are an adult and need to increase your muscle mass
- If you go through weight loss because of long term illness
- If you are an athlete or sportsman
- If you go to the gym regularly and exercise daily for fitness
- If you are a true vegetarian and never eat meat.
Dosage form, Dosing, And Administration
Creatine supplements are available in the form of powder and pills. You can choose whatever you find convenient for consumption.
- The loading dose of Creatine is 20 grams and it is administered by splitting n the dose of 5 grams four times a day
- The duration of the loading dose is 5-7 days
- The normal dose is 3-5 gran per day. You can stick to this dose for a long time without increasing it.
- The loading dose is not necessary. You can directly start it by taking 3-5grams per day.
- You are suggested to take it with a glass of water and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Taking creatine with a protein meal or a little carb diet increases its absorption.
- Do not use creatine supplements with any other regard before consultation with Pharmacists and doctor
- Do not intake excess quantities as you may experience its side effects.
Creatine Price in Pakistan
Ginnastic supplies more than one creatine product and with the most reasonable creatine pricing in Pakistan
1. Kevin Levrone Creatine MONO
You can check more details of this product by clicking here.
2. Kevin Leverone Gold creatine
Levrone Gold Creatine 300g contains a pure form of creatine that is highly soluble and gives 100% bioavailability.
You can check more product details by clicking here.
3. Kevin Leverone Anaboic Creatine
specifically designed to boost the energy level of professional players and enable individuals for performing high-intensity exercises. Its key ingredients are creatine monohydrate and vitamin B6
You can check more product details by clicking here.
4. Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine
Micronized creatine is a specific form of creatine monohydrate having a micro-particle size that offers high solubility and maximum absorbance in the body.
You can check more details of the product by clicking here.
5. MuscleTech creatine
Its key ingredients are creatine monohydrate and BCAAs amino acid. Muscletech creatine is a multipurpose dietary supplement that improves physical health, maximizes physical activity, and decreases the risk of mental health problems.
You can check the details of Muscletech creatine and make a purchase from here
Creatine is one of the best daily supplements for athletes. It works efficiently to fulfill the energy requirement of the body. Sportsmen and athletes are the ideal candidates for use of such types of supplements. Except for these people, individuals with low muscle mass and Vegetarians who lack creatine from their diet can also use creatine supplements after consulting with their pharmacists and doctors. Try it today. You will definitely enjoy the effects of creatine for your boosting your physical activity and improving brain function.